Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the Hofers!!

Callie decided she needed to prepare for the holiday by learning how to crawl. I had put her in the living room the other day and found her crawling after me via the shortest path (through the dining room furniture).
We opened gifts with the girls at home on Friday night. Callie didn't care about opening presents, but was quick to offer her assistance in putting each gift through the chew test.










Christmas with the Hofer cousins.





On Tuesday morning, I was finishing getting ready and heard Callie starting to fuss in her crib as she was waking up. Lauren asked if she could go check on her, and I agreed hoping to get a few more minutes to finish what I was doing. When I went to get Callie I found this:


Lauren taught Callie how to stand up in her crib, and Callie is quite proud of herself! We'll be lowering her mattress tonight!





Emma got a Little People Nativity set from Grandpa and Grandma Buseman. The girls have been very interested in the story of the Nativity this year. I had bought the Nativity Story movie 2 weeks ago, and was amazed at how much they loved it. We've watched it numerous times, and the girls have been acting out the story. Lauren plays Mary and Emma acts as Elizabeth. The other night I called them to the supper table. I repeated Emma's name with no answer. She finally told me that she was not Emma, she was Elizabeth. So, I called Elizabeth to supper. Emma's response, "What about John?"


Playing with the Little People Nativity


I had told the girls to clean up, and said they could put the Nativity under the tree. I asked why they hadn't put the princess castle away. Lauren replied, "It's King Herod's palace."






No comments:

Post a Comment