Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Vacation is Here!

Yesterday was my last day with students and today was our work day. This year the work day was a bit more literal. For the past 15 months or so, our students and staff have watched a new building being built on our old playground directly west of our current school building. On June 1st our old building is scheduled to be demolished. I don't have pictures of the actual moving process (I don't think my coworkers would have been too impressed if I had stopped moving boxes to pick up a camera!), but there are before and after shots of my classroom. As excited as I am for my new classroom, it was bittersweet walking out of the building today.


My first grade classroom last week...
The hallway outside my classroom. My name plate was already taken down.

Our gym...

This evening Jared, Lauren, Emma, & myself went back to school to take one last look...











Our building has looked somewhat like a prison yard with the construction fence around it. You can see the new building just past our existing one.



The new Longfellow. It is truly going to be one of the most beautiful buildings in Mitchell. Lauren has asked when "her Kindergarten" will be done. She also said she wished she could go to Kindergarten when she turns four, and then go to preschool when she turns five.





The building is scheduled to be finished the beginning of August.

























No comments:

Post a Comment